Supporting structures in tension
Dextra’s Tension Bar System is usually purchased complete with fork end clevises suitable for connection to the host structure. Typical applications include hangers and supports, cross bracing and truss stiffening elements. A number of different strength grades and surface finishes are available to fit all project technical and aesthetic requirements.
- Design Support: Dextra can support and advise in the early stages of a project, through to completion. BIM and CAD tools are available to aid the integration of the Dextra system into the structure.
- Four grades of carbon steel are available up to a yield strength of 700 Mpa. Higher grades result in a more cost effective solution with smaller bar diameters and easier installation.
- A full stainless steel range with thread diameters M16 to M108 is also available, should this be required by the aesthetics of the project.
- 33 different bar diameters in various steel grades.
- Both fork end clevises and turnbuckles allow length adjustment of the system to match site requirements.
- Design references: EN 1993 (Eurocode 3), ANSI/AISC 360-05, AS 4100.